The principal function of this position is to carry out the installation and certification of 3 phase 415v electrical controls for dewatering systems comprising multiple electric pumps, mains distribution, temporary cabling and auto mains failure systems.
Contracts Manager (Line Manager)
WJ Groundwater offers an extensive training and development program which will commence after individuals complete their probationary period. Company Induction, Initial basic training & PPE issue will be provided from commencement of your employment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Installation on site (working within a team or by yourself), individuals will be carrying out tasks such as:
- Install power distribution cables (typically 2.5mm to 10mm 4 core SWA)
- Connect isolators & 16 amp plug/socket connections
- Install pumps in wells, sumps or pump stations
- Installation & connection of groundwater instruments and flow monitoring devices (volt free, low vole 110v, 240v)
- Ensure installation, protection and signage of equipment to appropriate standards
- Connection of control cabins (typically 150-500 amp) to mains, diesel generator and earthing as required
- Maintain a clean and tidy site
- Preparing and issuing 18th Edition Certificates for construction dewatering and water management control systems
Preparation of equipment prior to delivery to site:
- Prepare, test & certify pump control panels, switchgear enclosures, isolators and distribution equipment
- Prepare, test & certify electric pumps (typically 1-37 kw)
- Connecting pump cables using heat shrink or resin joints
During running phase:
- Carry out routine inspection and follow maintenance schedules of construction dewatering and water management control installation on different sites or locations
- Production of electrical condition reports (if inspection and testing qualifiation is required, this will be addressed post probation period)
- Carry out monitoring and report water levels and pump operation (training will be given as required)
- Liaise with our customers supervisors/managers on corrective actions as required
- Respond to alarm call outs
- Carry out fault finding and respond appropriately
On completion of site works:
- Assist in dismantling and disconnection of installations and ensure equipment is suitably loaded and transported off site
- Cleaning, testing and recording plant returned to stores and ensure appropriate storage
To be responsible for own health and safety and that of colleagues, in accordance with current construction guidance and relevant national legislation. This list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various other duties and/or hours of work as may be reasonably be required of you at your initial place of work or at any of the company’s establishments or sites. The board of WJ Groundwater Limited is committed to the implementation and certification of an Integrated Management System to ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be time served with Electrical NVQ/C&G to Level 3
- Must have C&G 2382-15 (Electrical 17th Edition, ideally 18th)
- C&G 2391 or 2394, 2395 (Electrical Inspection and Testing) and have experience of testing is desirable
- Must have a CSCS ECS Electrician card
- PAT testing qualification desirable (but not essential)
- Ideally JIB qualified (but not essential)
- SSSTS is an advantage (but not essential)
- Previous experience with 3 phase motors and controls is desirable
- Previous experience of working on major civil engineering or construction projects is desirable
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills and written communication skills
- Resourecefulness, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised in often difficult site conditions
- Ability to use a computer for email, MS Word and MS Excel
- Must have a full valid UK driving license
- Must have confirmation of right to work in the UK
A motivated and hardworking individual with a “get stuck in” attitude is essential for this position.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Working with WJ UK colleagues and our customers for the installation of construction dewatering and water management control systems in both outdoor & indoor environments (often within tunnels, adits and shafts, which frequently low to medium risk confined spaces). You may be asked to work overtime at evenings and weekends depending on the customer requirements and nature of the work being carried out. Although this is not regular it can often be at short notice by our customers. Flexibility to travel throughout the UK for extended periods at short notice.
The role is predominately based in the South of the UK (tok work in London and surroundings), the base office is in the Kings Langley facility in Hertfordshire, but you will be expected to visit our work sites regularly aross the UK as required.
Your job role will be split approximately 75% site / 25% office.
For more details contact: Jyoti Vyas at JyotiVyas@wjgl.com