The principal function of this position is to carry out design and tenders for Water Management and Drilling schemes by analysing site investigation information, pumping tests and other information to determine the most cost-effective solution for our clients.
- Business Development and Sales Manager (Line Manager)
- Technical Manager
WJ UK offers an extensive training and development program which will commence after individuals complete their probationary period. Company induction, initial basic training & PPE issue will be provided from commencement of your employment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Carry out dewatering designs and cost estimates.
- To act as the key point of contact for clients and liaise with third parties throughout the design and tender process.
- Prepare tenders, proposals and quotations. Select the appropriate methodology to be used, prepare design notes & calculations.
- Ensuring enquiries are appropriately logged and responded to including organising site and client visits.
- Prepare supporting costing for quotations.
- Implement strategies for following up quotations, maintaining contact with the client and tracking the progress of our proposals.
- Help negotiate contracts, terms and conditions, methodologies, attendances.
- Assist the Technical department with writing design statements and producing pumping test reports.
- Make an assessment of geo-environmental site investigation reports and associated documents.
- Prepare key associated documents notably AutoCAD produced section and layout drawings.
- Collect, collate and assemble into the project file all relevant information.
- Collect, collate and present data from projects in-hand.
- Prepare Method Statements, including working drawings and works procedures.
- To be responsible for own health and safety and that of colleagues, in accordance with current construction guidance and relevant national legislation and to prepare Risk Assessments for our activities.
- Maintain and enhance WJ’s reputation for undertaking contracts based on knowledge and scientific principles.
- Actively participate in and contribute to day to day operations to deliver WJ’s contractual obligations as directed by the Contracts Manager.
- Make site visits to collect information and discuss our client’s requirements.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably expected.
This list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various other duties as may reasonably be required of you at your initial place of work or at any of the company’s establishments or sites.
The board of WJ Groundwater Limited is committed to the implementation and certification of an Integrated Management System to ISO9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS18001.
• Assist in the development of the Integrated Management System
• Administer IMS procedures and ensure objectives and targets are met.
Qualifications & Experience:
An enthusiastic, motivated and driven individual with good written and communication skills is essential. A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- A graduate with a degree in Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology or Civil Engineering.
- Commercial awareness, ideally including knowledge of construction industry contracts.
- Competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD is desirable.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal skills and written communication skills – the ability to communicate complicated and sometimes sensitive concepts is an essential requirement.
- Resourcefullness, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Full UK Driving License and confirmation of right to work in the EU.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The role is predominately office based at our head office, but you will be expected to visit our clients sites for meetings and site walkovers within the UK and mainland Europe as required.
The role is predominately office based, but does require that the candidate utilises a Visual Display Unit (VDU) as part of their day to day activities.
Deadline for applications : tbc