The principal function of this position is to download, and process data gained from our monitoring instrumentation and producing monitoring reports. As part of the role, Graduate Technical Engineer would be required to assist the Technical Manager in preparation of factual reports and installation drawings.
Technical Manager (Line Manager)
WJ Groundwater offers an extensive training and development program which will commence after individuals complete their probationary period. Company Induction, Initial basic training & PPE issue will be provided from commencement of your employment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Downloading and processing monitoring data:
- Download data remotely from our fleet of data loggers
- Process data using Microsoft Excel
- Assist in preparation of monitoring reports
- Assist in creating and maintaining monitoring dashboards
Preparation of factual reports and installation drawings:
- Assist in writing design statements and producing pumping test reports
- Prepare key associated documents notably AutoCAD produced section and layout drawings.
On-site data collection
- Make site visits to collect information and gain understanding of dewatering systems
- Undertake site walkover surveys and Water Feature Surveys
- Assist in preparing of Hydrological Impact Assessments
This list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various other duties and/or hours of work as may reasonably be required of you at your initial place of work or at any of the company’s establishments or sites.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal skills and written communication skills – the ability to communicate complicated and sometimes sensitive concepts is an essential requirement.
- Competent user of Microsoft Word and Excel
- A basic knowledge and understandin of AutoCAD is desirable but not essential
- Resourcefulness, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised.
A motivated and hardworking individual with a resourceful attitude is essential for this position. The position requires the candidate to hold a full valid UK driving license and confirmation of right to work in the UK.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The role is predominately office based at our head office in Kings Langley, but you will be expected to visit our clients sites for meetings and site walkovers within the UK as required.
For more details contact: Jyoti Vyas at JyotiVyas@wjgl.com