Join a leading engineering organisation
The principal function of this position is for the safe setup, operation and maintenance of our drilling rigs and equipment. You will generally be expected to carry out drilling and installation of deepwells, piezometers, ejector wells and wellpoints in accordance with specifications given by your supervisor.
- The principal function of this position is to lead the drilling operation of a rotary drilling rig for the installation of wells, boreholes, and piezometers within the UK.
- The works includes for the safe setup, operation and maintenance of our drilling rigs and equipment on our dewatering, I&M, In-tunnel, and ground source open loop projects.
- It is our goal to train up the candidate to become an experienced Lead Driller in all our drilling disciplines. In this period, you will be given both internal and external training to allow the use of plant and equipment to facilitate your role (SSSTS, Telehandler, RTFL, Slinger, Banksman, Confined Space etc.).
- NVQ Level 2 in land drilling.
- CPCS card with relevant plant competency designations.
- CSCS card.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within the construction industry at a lead driller level.
Salary & benefits:
- Competitive salary and salary banding. Basic: £20.50hr x 40hrs p/wk. = £42,640 p/a + expected average overtime and travel = £9,600 p/a. Total expected salary earning = £42,640 to £52,240 p/a (excludes living away allowance).
- Living away allowance (LAA) = £35 per night. Average LAA = £4,500 to £6,000 p/a.
- Paid accommodation when working away.
- 23 days holiday per annum increasing with service.
- Private health insurance.
- Gym membership.
- Company matched pension contributions up to 5% of earnings.
This job will involve working away from home from Monday to Friday, with optional occasional weekends.
To apply contact – Jyotivyas@wjgl.com
Deadline for applications : tbc