Join a leading engineering organisation
The principal function of this position is to be the key person between the design and tender team and the installation team in the implementation of dewatering and monitoring schemes and act as a team leader and main point of contact for our clients.
Major Contracts Director (Line Manager)
WJ Groundwater offers an extensive training and development program which will commence after individuals complete their probationary period. Company Induction, Initial basic training & PPE issue will be provided from commencement of your employment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Carry out project management duties:
- To deliver WJ’s contractual obligations as directed by the Contracts Director
- To supervise site activities and closely liaise with our clients site staff, supervisors, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- To maintain detailed understanding of projects responsible for including, a documentary record, to a high-quality standard of WJ’s contractual activities inc. the collection, collation and presentation of data.
- To perform project management and dissemination responsibilities including drafting of regular progress reports as required and participating in team meetings
- To be the key point of contact for, managing the remit and daily work list of the WJ staff on site.
- To collaborate with other project managers and divisions.
- Either prepare/check/approve Method Statements inc. working drawings and work procedures.
- Appoint and brief the site team, including specialist subcontractors.
- Define the project programme and ensure that contractual targets are met.
- Prepare, issue and negotiating monthly payment applications and commercial documentation.
- Undertake business development activities for new contracts. This may involve site visits to collect information and discuss our client’s requirements, pursuing tenders, assist in the preparation of tenders and quotations.
- To be responsible for own health and safety and to prepare Risk Assessments for our activities. Brief, check and audit site staff to ensure safe working practices are being followed.
- Liaise with the company auditors and ensure execution of corrective actions.
To be responsible for own health and safety and that of colleagues, in accordance with current construction guidance and relevant national legislation. This list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various other duties and/or hours of work as may be reasonably be required of you at your initial place of work or at any of the company’s establishments or sites. The board of WJ Groundwater Limited is committed to the implementation and certification of an Integrated Management System to ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate:
- Must be qualified to Graduate Level in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Will have minimum 2 years’ experience in Project Management and preferable have Project Management qualifications.
- Have worked within the construction industry.
- Be able to think outside the box with regards to requirements for their project(s).
- Be self-motivated.
- Be able to work within budgets.
- Be conversant and able to negotiate with clients and customers, by having suitable English speaking and writing skills.
- Have a valid CSCS card.
- Be able to manage several projects at one time.
- Be able to travel and have a full UK driving license.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The role is a combination of site and office-based work and does require the candidate to utilise a Visual Display Unit (VDU) as part of their day-to-day activities. On site activities will require periods of time often in outdoor environments in all weather conditions.
The role requires the ability to work on site, access shafts and walk along tunnels.
For more details contact: Jyoti Vyas at JyotiVyas@wjgl.com
Deadline for applications : tbc