The principal functions of this position are to carry out the preparation of 3-phase pumping equipment, environmental and geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring equipment.
Yard Manager (Line Manager) Senior Electrician & Senior Monitoring Technician (Supervisors)
WJ Groundwater offers an extensive training and development program which will commence after individuals complete their probationary period. Company Induction, Initial basic training & PPE issue will be provided from commencement of your employment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for keeping the pump service and electrical preparation workshop areas clean, tidy and well organised
- Responding to requests from co-workers to procure and prepare equipment
- Ensure all aspects of work and process are carried out in line with Health and Safety guidelines
- Liaising with WJ’s SHEQ Manager to improve yard operations and facilities.
- Ensure maintenance schedules are adhered to and that all plant, equipment and materials that leave’s the yard is clean, well presented, in good working order and to specification at all times.
- Unloading and dispatch of equipment to and from site
- Cleaning, maintaining and storing equipment and materials
Preparation, Servicing and Testing of Pumping Equipment prior to delivery to site
- Prepare & test 3-phase electric pumps (typically 1 – 37kw)
- Connect pump cables using heat shrink and/or resin joints.
- Cleaning, testing and recording pumping plant returned to stores and ensure appropriate storage
- Complete calibration and commissioning tests on all pumping equipment
- Update an inventory control database to show availability and whereabouts of electrical pumping equipment.
Preparation, Servicing and Testing of Monitoring Equipment prior to delivery to site
- Prepare datalogger units, including ordering and assembly of component parts to suit project requirements.
- Test function of dataloggers in yard environment.
- Test Electronic Alarm Units and prepare connection leads.
- Complete calibration tests on selected equipment
- Update an inventory control database to show availability and whereabouts of monitoring equipment.
- Check functionality of instruments and sensors, including vibrating wire transducers, 4-20 mA sensors and electromagnetic flowmeters.
- Ordering of signal cables for site installation.
- Building of pressure/vacuum switch alarm units.
This list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various other duties and/or hours of work as may reasonably be required of you at your initial place of work or at any of the company’s establishments or sites.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong mechanical and electrical engineering background.- BS7671:2008 17th edition wiring regulations qualification would be highly advantageous
- Awareness of electrical and mechanical safety and hazards.
- Previous experience in pump servicing required
- Basic electronics, instrumentation, and telemetry knowledge would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to use computer for email, MS word and excel.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and a practical mindset.
A motivated and hardworking individual with a “get stuck in” attitude is essential for this position. The position requires the candidate to have valid confirmation of right to work in the UK
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Working with WJ colleagues the cleaning and distribution and maintenance in both outdoor & indoor environments in and around plant and machinery.
You may be asked to work overtime at evenings and weekends depending on the client requirements and nature of the work being carried out.
The job role is physically demanding where you will stand for extended periods of time often in outdoor environments in all weather conditions. You will be lifting heavy objects on a regular basis and quite often do repetitive tasks
For more details contact: Jyoti Vyas at JyotiVyas@wjgl.com