The principal function of this position is to undertake Quantity Surveying duties as part of a team on multiple projects in collaboration with the Operations teams, Clients and other stakeholders with the primary aim to help manage commercial functions including general & key correspondence, project costs and monthly billing.
Operations Director (Line Manager)
Commercial Manager (Day to day liaison regarding commercial risk and SCA processes)
Full time permanent role at £36,000-£41,000 per annum depending on experience
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes car/car allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 25 days per annum holiday (increasing to 26 days after year 1 and 28 days after year 3), flexible working, and continued personal, profession, technical and leadership development.
Company Induction, Initial basic training & PPE issue will be provided from commencement of your employment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Carry out Quantity Surveyor duties including:
- General commercial project management including provision of the following:
- Monthly cost value reconciliations, monthly and quarterly forecasts
- Monthly application for payment
- Change correspondence, claims and tracking
- Assisting with credit control functions
- Assisting with project-specific risk management
- Undertake regular meetings to maintain client professional relationships
- Undertaking feasibility studies, site surveys and estimations
- Assist the Commercial Manager with identification, analysis and responses to commercial risks and opportunities
- Obtain competitive prices from suppliers and subcontractors if required
- Maintain a professional approach with clients and professional teams, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Ensure compliance and adherence with project and company commercial procedures for procurement and subcontract management
- Analysing project outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Value completed work and arranged payments
- Maximising potential project income at all times.
The above is ot exhaustive and you will be expected to undertake any other duties which may reasonably fall within the level of responsibility and competence.
The duties of the post-holder will require collaboration with the other departments within the UK business unit from accounts, operations, technical and technical sales. The post-holder must be able to establish good working relationship with people from these different disciplines and areas and be able to communicate effectively with them to deliver targeted financial results.
Qualifications and Experience:
A motivated and hardworking individual with great written and communication skills is essential. A demonstrable and proven track record working for a main or sub-contractor in the construction industry and has sufficient skills, training and knowledge such as:
- Qualified at degree or HNC/D level and working towards RICS/CICES or equivalent professional level
- Experience of working under the common standard forms of contract including NEC3
- Should be comfortable working as part of a commercial team with a willingness to contribute to all project success factors
- A positive, proactive individual that works collaboratively with colleagues and the client team
- An expert negotiator with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident and experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Project
- Experience of:
- Preparing valuation, variations and final accounts
- Managing sub-contract accounts and procurement
- Working within company best practice procedures
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations
- Resourcefulness, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised in often difficult and challenging situations
- A persuasive character who can get the job done
- The position requires the candidate to hold a full valid UK driving license and confirmation of right to work in the EU
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The role is predominately office based at our head office in Kings Langley in Hertfordshire, but you will be expected to visit our clients’ sites for meetings, site walkovers, site inductions within the UK as required.
For more details contact: Jyoti Vyas at JyotiVyas@wjgl.com