The principal function of this position is to be the key person between the design team and the installation team in the implementation of dewatering and monitoring schemes and act as team leader and main point of contact for our clients. This position will be based primarily in London and the South East.
Project Manager (Line Manager)
WJ Groundwater offers an extensive training and development program which will commence after individuals complete their probationary period. Company Induction, Initial basic training & PPE issue will be provided from commencement of your employment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Carry out project management and supervision activities, including:
- To supervise site activities (drilling, pump tests & dewatering system installation) and closely liaise with our clients site staff, supervisors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- To main a documentary record, to a high quality standard, of WJ’s contractual activities including the collection, collation and presentation of data
- To assist the Project Manager to perform project management and dissemination responsibilities, including drafting of regular progress reports as required and participating in team meetings
- Prepare Method Statements, including working drawings and works procedures
- Brief the site team, including specialist subcontractors
- To assist the Project Manager to administer the project programme and ensuring contractual targets are met
- To assist the Project Manager to prepare, issue and negotiate monthly payment applications
- Collect, collate and present monitoring data from projects in-hand
- Undertake business development activities for new contracts. This may involve site visits to collect information and discuss our client’s requirements, pursuing tenders, and assist in the prepartion of tenders and quotations.
- To be responsible for own health and safety and to prepare Risk Assessments for our activities. Brief, check and audit site staff to ensure safe working practices are being followed
- Liaise with the company auditors and ensure execution of corrective actions
The above is not exhaustive and you will be expected to undertake any other duties which may reasonably fall within the level of responsibility and competence. The board of WJ Groundwater Limited is committed to the implementation and certification of an Integrated Management System to ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
- Assist int he development of the Integrated Management System
- Administer IMS procedures and ensure objectives and targets are met
Qualifications and Experience:
A motivated and hardworking individual with good written and communication skills is essential. Minimum 1 years’ experience within the construction industry managing projects and site staff in a similar environment and can demonstrate sufficient skills and knowledge.
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Understanding of hydrogeology, engineering geology or civil engineering
- Resourcefulness, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised in often difficult site conditions
- The ability to plan and organise own workload as well as that of the team
- Experience and confidence in managing others
- Commercial awareness, ideally including knowledge of construction industry contracts
- Competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills and written communication skills – the ability to communicate complicated and sometimes sensitive concept is an essential requirement
- Resourcefulness, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised
- Full UK driving license
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The role is predominately site based (in London and the South East) and based out of our Head Office in Hertfordshire, but you will be expected to visit our clients sites for meetings, site walkovers, site inductions, undertake project briefings within the UK, mainland Europe and possibly globally as required.
Working with WJ colleagues and our clients for the installation of dewatering systems in both outdoor and indoor environments (often within tunnels, adits, and shafts which frequently including low to medium risk confined spaces)
For more details contact: Jyoti Vyas at JyotiVyas@wjgl.com