The principal function of this position is to carry out the installation and maintenance of dewatering systems on our clients project sites within the United Kingdom, Ireland and Mainland Europe. This is a trainee position (based out of our Bilsthorpe Depot in Nottinghamshire) for an initial 12 month period to which individuals will be assigned a dewatering supervisor to train them in the various techniques and dewatering systems that WJ undertake, after which we expect individuals to graduate into a dewatering operative role.
Project Manager (Line Manager)
Dewatering Supervisor (Trainer)
WJ Groundwater offers an extensive training and development program which will commence after individuals complete their probationary period. Company Induction, Initial basic training & PPE issue will be provided from commencement of your employment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Working alongside your assigned trainer individuals will be carrying out tasks such as:
- Unloading, distributing and laying out ready for use, equipment such as pumps, cables, pipes etc
- Carry out the development of wells using compressors and hoses
- Install pipes and pumps (this will involve the manual handling of items over 25kg)
- Laying and connection of temporary pipework
- Laying out of cables
- Installation of groundwater instruments
- Maintain a clean and tidy work site
- Help prepare a daily written report of your activities
- Carry out routine inspections and follow maintenance schedules of dewatering installations on different sites or locations
- Carry out monitoring and report water levels and pump operation
- Working alongside and co-operating with WJGL direct workforce (e.g. drillers) or subcontractors and ensuring installations are as specified
- Carrying out maintenance and monitoring duties as agreed with the Project Manager / Engineer. Ensure equipment is used appropriately. If spare equipment is required ensure it is stored in clean, dry and secure locations
- Maintaining accurate, up to date and compreshensive records of work carried out for submission to the client to always include water level and flow data wherever possible. Ensure prompt return to your Line Manager and/or Project Manager / Engineer
- Monitoring system performance and water levels. Record and when appropriate report changes or trends. Carry out and report corrective measures if required
To be responsible for own health and safety and that of colleagues, in accordance with current construction guidance and relevant national legislation. This list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various other duties and/or hours of work as may be reasonably be required of you at your initial place of work or at any of the company’s establishments or sites. The board of WJ Groundwater Limited is committed to the implementation and certification of an Integrated Management System to ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001.
Qualifications and Experience:
No formal qualifications are required, although a motivated and hardworking individual with a ‘get stuck in’ attitude is essential for this position.
The position requires the candidate to hold a full valid UK driving license and confirmation of right to work in the UK.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Working with WJ colleagues and our clients for the installation of dewatering systems in both outdoor and indoor environments (often within tunnels, adits and shafts, which are frequently classified as low to medium risk confined spaces). You may be asked to work overtime at evenings and weekends depending on the client requirements and nature of the work being carried out. Although this is not regular it can often be at short notice by our clients.
The job role is physicially demanding where you will stand for extended periods of time often in outdoor environments in all weather conditions. You will lift heavy objects on a regular basis and quite often doing repetitive tasks.
For more details contact: Jyoti Vyas at JyotiVyas@wjgl.com