The principal function of this position to work under the supervision of a Project Manager and to assist them in their duties during the delivery of contracts. Typically contracts will have a value to WJ of between £0.1M to £2M.
Contracts Manager (Line Manager) Project Manager (Supervisor)
WJ Groundwater offers an extensive training and development program which will commence after individuals complete their probationary period. Company Induction, Initial basic training & PPE issue will be provided from commencement of your employment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Carry out site engineering duties to deliver WJ’s contractual obligations as directed by the Project Manager.
- To closely liaise with our clients site staff, and our own engineers, supervisors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Maintain a documentary record, to a high quality standard, of WJ’s contractual activities including the collection, collation and presentation of data including:
- Site progress (daily diary, identification and addressing problems which may impact progress)
- As built records (eg borehole logs, adjusted layout drawings)
- Water level information (manual hourly/daily and automated instruments)
- Collection of water samples for chemical analysis, review and tabulate results
- Water flow measurements (manual and automated)
- To perform project management and dissemination responsibilities, including drafting of regular progress reports as required & participating in team meetings.
- Prepare Method Statements, including working drawings and works procedures.
- Use and if necessary update the project programme & ensuring contractual targets are met.
- Assist in project logistics – place purchase orders for materials, arrange deliveries with suppliers
- Support the Project Manager in the preparation of monthly payment applications.
- To be responsible for own health and safety and to prepare Risk Assessments for our activities. Brief, check and audit site staff to ensure safe working practices are being followed.
- Liaise with the company auditors and ensure execution of corrective actions
The above is not exhaustive and you will be expected to undertake any other duties which may reasonably fall within the level of responsibility and competence.
The duties of the post-holder will require collaboration with the other engineering, administrative and technical staff of WJ and our client. The post-holder must be able to establish good working relationships with people from these different disciplines and areas, and be able to communicate effectively with them regarding the project.
Qualifications and Experience:
The role requires maturity, self motivation, accuracy, drive and determination and the following requirements:
- You will have, or be studying for, a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Good understanding of Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology or Civil Engineering.
- Resourcefulness, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised in often difficult site conditions.
- The ability to plan and organise own workload
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills and written communication skills – the ability to communicate complicated and sometimes sensitive concepts is an essential requirement
Full UK Driving License
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The role will be predominately based at a project site within the UK. This will require daily travel to / from site or between sites and may require temporary accommodation remote from the office.
Training to ensure compliance with UK construction site best practice will be provided.
The role is predominately office based, but does require that the candidate utilizes a Visual Display Unit (VDU) as part of their day to day activities. On site you will standing for extended periods of time often in outdoor environments in all weather conditions.
For more details contact: Jyoti Vyas at JyotiVyas@wjgl.com