The principal function of this position is to assist with the implementation of both WJ Group’s and WJ UK’s digital marketing strategy to achieve agreed targets and key performance indicators. Keep up to date with new digital marketing techniques, the candidate will also contribute to the long-term development of our digital marketing strategy within both WJ Group and WJ UK.
The role is predominately office based at our head office in Hertfordshire, but you will be expected to visit our client’s sites for meetings and site walkovers within the UK and Ireland as required.
Salary: tbc upon experience
WJ UK offers an extensive training and development program which will commence after individuals complete their probationary period. Company Induction, Initial basic training & PPE issue will be provided from commencement of your employment.
The key objective of this role is to assist with the implementation of both WJ Group’s and WJ UK’s digital marketing strategy to achieve agreed targets and key performance indicators. Keep up to date with new digital marketing techniques, the candidate will also contribute to the long-term development of our digital marketing strategy within both WJ Group and WJ UK.
The principal function of this position is to;
- Oversee the online marketing strategy for the organisation; plan and execute digital marketing campaigns and maintain and supply content for the organisation’s websites.
- Undertake marketing activities in accordance with the Marketing Strategy – this may include; update and refresh website assets, produce marketing materials, attend business promotion events.
- You will gain a thorough knowledge of the market and competitor landscape.
- Develop a distinct online presence by attracting high numbers of internet followers through social media channels such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and any other beneficial platform(s).
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the number of visitors to a website by achieving high-ranking placements in search results.
- Facilitate any ideas or suggestion from WJ Group, encouraging any strategies from individual business units to develop their individual requirements
The role will benefit from soft skills training via commercial awareness and in-house mentorship training.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Maintain content on company websites including blogs, news, services and vacancies.
- Manage all social media accounts with consistent feeds.
- Create and distribute email marketing campaigns, managing customer data using our CRM system.
- Create customer facing collateral for print and digital including: brochures, datasheets, flyers, whitepapers and display banners.
- Manage the company internal newsletters/bulletin on behalf of WJ UK Sales.
- Monitor, report and analyse results to improve performance, using Google analytics and others.
- Assist with external and internal surveys / promotions /events
- Internal communications – surveys / teams / events / new arrivals / update on all positive business news.
- Development of case studies and other inhouse media resources.
- Support with award entries / collating information on any project leads.
- Keep up to date with current digital trends
- Work closely with the Business Development and Sales Manager and Senior Management for strategies and scheduling
- Identifying new marketing and business sales leads.
- When needed, pitching WJ services and capabilities to new and existing online customers.
- Maintaining a professional and upbeat image of WJ with all customers.
- Researching organisations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing and their gatekeepers
- Manage the contact database and assist with lead generation activities.
This list is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake various other duties as may reasonably be required of you at your initial place of work or at any of the company’s establishments or sites.
Qualifications, Requirements and Experience
A motivated and hardworking individual with good written and communication skills is essential. Minimum 2 years’ experience within the Media/Digital marketing/ industry with a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant Marketing, Digital Media, journalism, media and communication.
- Web skills, qualifications and experience (to be specified by a suitable adviser (e.g. UpriseUp) to ensure trained in latest SEO techniques).
- Good graphic design skills.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator – Mac Software/Design Software.
- Good understanding and application of Microsoft Word and Office software packages.
- Meticulous with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Detailed understanding of design for digital and print.
- Strong communication skills for articulating ideas to colleagues, internal stakeholders and clients
- Excellent written communication skills for producing high quality content (for online, print and social media communications).
- The ability to work independently and flexibly.
- The capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects.
- Team player with a readiness to work as part of a team and support colleagues.
- Organisational skills with the ability to deliver a high volume of quality work.
- Excellent Time management.
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas with the end goal in mind.
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Networking and analytical skills
- Knowledge of existing and emerging social media platforms
- Use of major social media and digital marketing platforms
- Practical experience of the complete range of digital marketing techniques
- Practical experience of print, production and design
A motivated and hardworking individual with a “get stuck in” attitude is essential for this position.
The role is predominately office based at our head office, but you will be expected to visit our client’s sites for meetings and site walkovers within the UK and Ireland as required.
The role is predominately office based but does require that the candidate utilizes a Visual Display Unit (VDU) as part of their day to day activities.
For more details contact: David Aregbesola on DavidAregbesola@wjgl.com