Groundwater & Surface Water Instrumentation, Sampling, Testing & Monitoring
Management of groundwater and surface water monitoring and test data is an important requirement for many construction projects and provides key information allowing long term geotechnical and hydrogeological trends to be identified, preventative measures planned and provides useful intelligence for future design and construction methods.
Our dedicated team provides secure cloud-based data monitoring dashboards to allow remote ‘real-time’ system status monitoring for our clients. ‘Real-time’ monitoring trigger alerts can be used to warn operators and client project teams of problems such as pump failures or power supply issues. Be rest assured that the WJ team can be on hand to respond to any issues promptly and efficiently.
Sampling & Testing
Water sampling and testing of groundwater or surface waters are important on any construction project to understand the chemical constituents for a wide range of reasons from contamination assessments, pre- and post-treatment environmental compliance, drinking water standard assessment and/or stakeholder compliance monitoring. Whatever your reason WJ can deliver your project requirements with a dedicated team and proven knowledge and experience in working on small construction projects through to the largest Infrastructure projects in the UK.
We can undertake a full range of in-situ field test on collected waters using handheld meters such as
- Multi-parameter probes to enable spot measurement of chemical parameters such as Electrical Conductivity, pH, turbidity, redox potential, DO., Temperature etc.
- Cuvette testing with reagents using photometers for parameters such as Ammoniacal Nitrate and Chloride
All laboratory testing of our water samples is undertaken by UKAS accredited laboratories and we can offer:
- Online scheduling of testing on collected samples.
- Instant access to results 24/7.
- Track progress of sample analyses.
- Secure data reports and archives with multiple report formats.
- Result notifications or alarm messages via SMS or email (notifications of when sample arrive, new results entered, orders reported, samples with NDPs or non-conformances, and samples with breached pre-defined limits).
- View results by batch or project and export data into a variety of industry formats (including PDF, Excel, Crosstab, HWOL, AGS).
- Real-time analytical data as soon as it is authorized in the laboratory.
WJ UK has been monitoring our systems for over 40 years and can offer a variety of monitoring instrument options for any project including:
- Piezometers, standpipes, and pressure transducers to monitor groundwater levels c/w barometric adjustment.
- Area flow Electromagnetic Flowmeters to measure the flow of abstracted and discharged groundwater.
- Multiparameter sondes and flow cells to enable continuous measurement of chemical parameters of abstracted or discharged such as Electrical Conductivity, pH, turbidity, redox potential, DO., Temperature etc.
- Velocity flow handheld and ultrasonic flowmeters to measure surface water channel flows.
- Inclinometers, extensometers, and strain gauges to monitor the movement of slopes and structures.
- Earth pressure cells to measure the stress and pore pressure in soil.
- Weather stations to monitor external weather and tidal conditions.
- Pump status sensors to monitor pump activity and condition status.
- Deep datums for tunnel infrastructure projects.
For our construction dewatering customers, we can offer secure cloud-based data monitoring dashboards to allow remote ‘real-time’ system status monitoring for our clients. ‘Real-time’ monitoring trigger alerts can be used to warn operators and client project teams of problems such as pump failures or power supply issues. Be rest assured that the WJ team can be on hand to respond to any issues promptly and efficiently.
For our groundwater and surface water monitoring customers we can offer the use of our cloud-based groundwater and surface water monitoring visualisation platform offering a user-friendly graphical interface, which allows easy interpretation of large amounts of validated data from multiple sources regardless of project scale and application.