The principal function of this position is for the safe setup, operation and maintenance of our drilling rigs and equipment. You will generally be expected to carry out drilling and installation aof deepwells, piezometers, ejector wells and wellpoints in accordance with specification given by your supervisor.
Drilling Operations Manager (Line Manager)
WJ Groundwater offers an extensive training and development program which will commence after individuals complete their probationary period. Company Induction, Initial basic training & PPE issue will be provided from commencement of your employment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
In conjunction with the Lead Driller, Individuals will be carrying out tasks such as:
- Prepare land drilling equipment for use on site e.g. loading carefully and neatly into van or lorry
- Unload and stack or store equipment (this involves manual handling of items over 25kg) carefully and appropriately on site.
- Set-up and prepare diesel and electric pumping plant, check and replenish oil and fuel, lay and connect water hoses, assist in setting up and filling of tanks
- Ensure maintenance procedures are carried out to all drilling equipment according to manufacturer’s recommendations
- Laying out of pipework
- Setting up of mud recirculation and water flushing systems
- Operation of grout mixer and pump
- Assistance with installing aggregate into well annulus (this could involve shovelling by hand several 100kg of gravel)
- Clearing up following drilling activity (e.g. collect waste materials, shovel left over spoil, sweep up, clean down plant and apply grease / lubricants etc)
- Prior to drilling commencing have understanding of the objective and rate of progress. Carry out hand excavations with shovel, manually lay out heavy duty drilling equipment, sand, cement etc.
- At yard or depot assist with the careful storage of equipment, arry out repairs, wash vehicles and rigs and other domestic duties
- Keep daily record of site works and records for yard operations such as delivery notes
To be responsible for own health and safety and that of colleagues, in accordance with current construction guidance and relevant national legislation.
This list is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake various other duties and/or hours of work as may reasonably be required of you at your initial place of work or at any of the company’s establishments or sites.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Valid CCCS card for a construction related category is preferable
- A motivated and hardworking individual with a ‘get stuck in’ attitude is essential for this position
- The position requires the candidate to hold a full valid UK driving license and confirmation of right to work in the EU
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Working with WJ colleagues and our clients for the installation of dewatering systems in both outdoor and indoor environments (often within tunnels, adits, and shafts which frequently including low to medium risk confined spaces). You may be asked to work overtime at evenings and weekends depending on the client requirements and the nature of the work being carried out. Although this is not regular it can often be at short notice by our clients. Due to the geographic nature of construction sites, candidates must be prepared to work away from home for more than 1 week at a time.
For more details contact: Jyoti Vyas at JyotiVyas@wjgl.com