The principal function of this position is to carry out the installation and certification of 3-phase 415v electrical controls for construction dewatering and water control systems. Specific training and guidance related to the specialised nature of the work required will be given.
Based in Bilsthorpe, Newark, Nottinghamshire.
Position will require travel within the UK, including working away from home. Your job role will be split approximately 75% site based / 15% yard based
Basic Hourly Rate (40 hour week): £16.29.
Rising to £17.79 per hour for individuals that are approved and hold a valid inspection and testing certificate.
WJ UK offers an extensive training and development program which will commence after individuals complete their probationary period. Company Induction, Initial basic training & PPE issue will be provided from commencement of your employment.
The principal function of this position is to carry out the installation and certification of 3 phase 415v electrical controls for construction dewatering and water control systems comprising multiple electric pumps, mains distribution, temporary cabling, and auto mains failure systems. Specific training and guidance related to the specialized nature of the work required will be given.
Installation on Site (Working within a team or by yourself, individuals will be carrying out tasks such as);
- Install power distribution cables (typically 2.5 mm to 10 mm 4 core SWA)
- Connect isolators & 16amp plug/socket connections
- Install pumps in wells, sumps, or pump stations
- Installation & connection of groundwater instruments and flow monitoring devices (volt free, low volt, 110v, 240v
- Ensure installation, protection and signage of equipment to appropriate standards.
- Connection of control cabins (typically 150 – 500amp) to mains, diesel generator and earthing as required.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work site
- Preparing and issue 18th Edition Certificates for Construction Dewatering and Water Management Control Systems.
Preparation of Equipment Prior to Delivery to Site
- Prepare, test & certify pump control panels, switchgear enclosures, isolators and distribution equipment.
- Prepare, test & certify electric pumps (typically 1 – 37kw)
- Connect pump cables using heat shrink or resin joints.
During Running Phase (Working mostly on your own you will);
- Carry out routine inspection and follow maintenance schedules of construction dewatering and water management control installations on different sites or locations.
- Production of electrical condition reports If Inspection & Testing qualification is required, this will be addressed post probation period
- Carry out monitoring and report water levels and pump operation, training will be given as required
- Liaise with our customers supervisors / managers on corrective actions required
- Respond to alarm call outs. Carry out fault finding and respond appropriately.
On Completion of Site Works
- Assist in dismantling and disconnection of installations and ensure equipment is suitably loaded and transported off site
- Cleaning, testing and recording plant returned to stores and ensure appropriate storage
To be responsible for own health and safety and that of colleagues, in accordance with current construction guidance and relevant national legislation.
This list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various other duties and/or hours of work as may reasonably be required of you at your initial place of work or at any of the company’s establishments or sites.
Qualifications, Requirements and Experience
- Must be time served with Electrical NVQ/C&G to level 3.
- Must have C&G 2382-15 (Electrical 17th Edition, ideally 18th).
- C&G 2391 or 2394, 2395 (Electrical inspection and testing) and have experience of testing is desirable.
- Must have a CSCS card.
- PAT testing qualification desirable (but not essential).
- Ideally JIB Qualified (but not essential).
- A valid CSCS ECS Electrician Card is required.
- Previous experience with 3 phase motors and controls is desirable.
- Previous experience of working on a major civil engineering or construction project would be desirable.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills and written communication skills.
- Resourcefulness, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised in often difficult site conditions.
- Ability to use computer for email, word and MS excel.
- SSSTS is an advantage but not essential.
A motivated and hardworking individual with a “get stuck in” attitude is essential for this position.
The job role is physically demanding where you will be standing for extended periods of time often in outdoor environments in all weather conditions. You will be lifting heavy objects on a regular basis and quite often doing repetitive tasks.
The position requires the candidate to hold a full valid UK driving license and confirmation of right to work in the EU.
Working with WJ UK colleagues and our customers for the installation of construction dewatering and water management control systems in both outdoor & indoor environments (often within tunnels, adits and shafts, which frequently low to medium risk confined spaces). You may be asked to work overtime at evenings and weekends depending on the customer requirements and nature of the work being carried out. Although this is not regular it can often be at short notice by our customers. Flexibility to travel throughout the UK for extended periods at short notice.
The role is predominately based at our Bilsthorpe facility in Nottinghamshire, but you will be expected to visit our works sites regularly in the UK as required. Your job role will be split approximately 75% site based / 15% yard based
For more details contact: Ben Thompson at BenThompson@wjgl.com